The campus remains at Condition 2 until 11:00 pm this evening, and the town remains under a boil water advisory. The water supply continues to decrease on campus, posing risks to health and safety. We encourage faculty and staff who can leave campus to do so immediately, so that services can focus on residential and essential needs.
Below are details on services that are currently available:
DINING: Chase and Top of Lenoir Dining Halls are open for limited hours with limited menus. Chase will not be open for late night. Please check the dining website at www.dining.unc.edu for hours.
HEALTH SERVICES: Campus Health Services will continue to operate under normal conditions as long as water pressure sufficient for patient care remains intact. Visit the Campus Health website at campushealth.unc.edu for information about any altered operations that may be required.
EVENTS: Carolina Union and Campus Recreation Facilities are closed, and all Student Affairs programing and events are cancelled.
Researchers should vacate their labs as it is not safe for continued research operations. Safety showers and safety eye washes will not work, fire sprinkler systems will have low pressure and building bathrooms are unusable.
The next Alert Carolina update is planned for 6:00 pm.
For real-time updates, use the following sources:
- Alert Carolina: alertcarolina.unc.edu
- University: www.unc.edu, amplified via official social media accounts including @UNC, @Alert_UNCCH (for parents, family, Chapel Hill residents and friends) and @UNC_HR on Twitter.
- OWASA: www.owasa.org
- Adverse Weather and Emergency Phone Line: (919) 843-1234. You may call this number to hear recorded announcements about campus operations.
- UNC Transportation and Parking: For information including parking lot conditions and the status of Point-to-Point shuttle operations. Refer to www.move.unc.edu.
- Chapel Hill Transit also posts adverse weather or emergency event news and routes and schedules. Refer to www.townofchapelhill.org/government/news-events/emergency/adverse-weather-updates