The University will remain in Condition 2 until noon on Friday, Jan. 19. Conditions will be re-evaluated tomorrow morning and an update regarding campus operations for the remainder of Friday will be communicated to the campus by 9 a.m.
The campus community should be extra cautious if on campus as walkways may be slippery and snow and ice may slide off nearby buildings as they melt.
Condition 2 (until noon on Friday, Jan. 19)
Classes are cancelled and all laboratories are closed. All non-mandatory operations are suspended; only mandatory employees must report to or remain at work. All non-mandatory employees must not report, or must leave campus. These employees must use leave time if not working or can use make-up time subject to applicable rules. Alternatively, and only with supervisor approval, non-mandatory employees may work from home or an alternate site.
UNC Health Care
All UNC Health Care clinics will open at 10 a.m. news.unchealthcare.org/weather
UNC School of Dentistry
All operations (clinics and classes) will remain closed until noon on Friday, Jan. 19. If your appointment is cancelled due to this closing, you should contact your provider and/or the clinic to reschedule. Patients in need of information about appointments at the UNC School of Dentistry should visit www.dentistry.unc.edu for the most recent update about clinic closings.
- Chase Dining Hall will open at 10 a.m.
- Top of Lenoir Dining will open at 11 a.m.
- All other operations will be determined based on conditions. Visit dining.unc.edu for the latest updates.
All residence halls on campus remain open. If students need assistance, please contact your resident advisor or Community Office. The Package Centers will be closed until the University returns to normal operations. Students are encouraged to be extra vigilant if they leave the residence halls as walkways may be slippery and snow or ice may slide off nearby buildings.
University grounds crews continue to treat and clear roads, sidewalks and parking lots. Crews will clear priority areas per the Facilities Services Snow Removal Map, which identifies priority entrances, sidewalks, roadways and parking lots and the order in which they will be addressed. Snow clearing priorities will be adjusted based on planned campus events, weather conditions or other circumstances.
Parking regulations are suspended while the University remains in Condition 2. The top levels of parking decks remain closed and gates are lifted. The Dogwood Deck is expressly reserved for UNC Health Care patients and visitors only and will be in full operation to meet patient/visitor parking needs.
- P2P Express services will resume Friday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m.
- P2P On-Demand (provides ADA access from parking lots to buildings and from campus location to campus location) will resume service Friday, Jan. 19 at 10 a.m.
- PASS Cart (provides ADA transport on main quad from parking lots to buildings) will not operate while the University remains in Condition 2.
- Chapel Hill Transit Refer to the website for latest updates.
- Regional transit Check transit websites for updates.